The Voices of Princeton project welcomes oral history projects related to Princeton’s people, institutions, and history to become Voices of Princeton Partner Projects. The Voices of Princeton project can help provide resources, consultation, access, and archiving for your oral history project.
What can Voices of Princeton offer to my project?
- Consultation and structure for planning and conducting interviews, including possibly developing questions and keywords specific to your project
- Training in oral history best practices and use of recording equipment
- Access to audio recording equipment
- Online access to audio files through the Voices of Princeton website
- Archival repository at the Historical Society of Princeton
- Space to conduct interviews at Princeton Public Library
- Industry-standard consent paperwork customized to your project, to ensure the rights of your interviewees are protected
- Trained Voices of Princeton volunteers to facilitate interviews, if needed
What we ask of Partner Projects
- Consultation with Voices of Princeton project organizers
- Training on oral history best practices with Voices of Princeton organizers
- An overall project focus on Princeton topics or organizations
- Completion of Voices of Princeton consent forms for interview participants, keywords lists, and interview summary
- Permission for interviews to appear online and be archived at the Historical Society of Princeton
- Use of Voices of Princeton Partner Project logo on paperwork and other materials
Active Partner Projects
UNOW & Then
Please email email@example.com to discuss your project.